So, You Want to Win the Mid-Rivers Photo Contest...
It’s time again for the annual Mid-Rivers Photo Contest! We love seeing all the amazing snapshots every year and are excited to check out more of the moments you’ve captured. For the 2019 Photo Contest, we’d like to shine the spotlight on YOU, our members and customers, who make our community and the area we serve so unique and lively. We hope to see many submissions this year!
Taking part in the 2019 Mid-Rivers Photo Contest? Here’s a few quick tips to increase your odds of winning and having your photo featured on the 2020 Mid-Rivers Phone Book:
- Make it Montana – The best photos for this contest are ones that embody in the culture of Eastern and Central Montana. Some photos could be taken anywhere, so we especially want to see the ones that could have only been taken in our service area. Incorporating recognizable landmarks, institutions, pastimes, and people is a good way to make sure your photo is distinctly ‘Montana’.
- The More the Merrier – For us here at Mid-Rivers, it’s the people that matter. As much as we love pictures of our beautiful landscapes, we love seeing the happy faces of our members even more! Snap some group shots showing how you live, what you do, and what’s fun in your communities.
- Make it Big Enough – Unfortunately, every year many photos are disqualified simply because their resolution is too low to use. Watch out for this by making sure that all your submissions are at least 1600 x 1200 pixels. Confirm that the photo isn’t being reduced in size when you email it, especially if you are using a smartphone to submit. If they’re not being reduced in the email, most photos you take should meet the size requirements.
- Send Five – Each contestant can submit up to five photos. Use this opportunity to send in five of your best shots. The more photos you submit, the better the chances that one of them will be chosen!
- Who Did What? – We want to know who took the photo, what is going on in it, and who the subjects are, so make sure to include the photographer’s name and a caption for each photo in your submission email.
- Submit It on Time – Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Photo Contest" by 5:00 PM on Thursday, August 1st, 2019.
We can’t wait to see all your wonderful photos!
Visit https://www.midrivers.com/photo-contest.html for more information on the Photo Contest as well as the contest rules.